Monday, January 25, 2010

Improving My Quest for Wealth early in 2010

"Spend less than you earn" a timeless statement that has been proven to be the simple way to get rich and attain wealth over time. But thinking of spending less than you earn means controls have to be put in place in order to reduce your spending. Although I did a good job of this in 2009 it proved to require a lot of focus and effort. I prefer to work smart, not hard. An easier way I am going to follow the lesson of spending less than I earn is to save a piece of every dollar I make. Out of all of my income I will take 15% of all income to savings and investments. This 15% does not include the automatic percentage deduction of my pretax work provided investment accounts such as my 401k and HSA. If I can save 15% of my take home income on top of my 401k retirement account and my Health Savings Account I think I will be well on my way to thoughtlessly spending less than I earn. After having saved 15% of what I earn I plan to enjoy the rest on enjoying a couple of beers while going out or buying a new gadget I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment