Monday, January 4, 2010

Boosting my IRA's Growth with Monthly Dividend Stocks

In my constant drive to educate myself in every way possible, I have come across a plethora of information about investing in dividend paying stocks and why I should. From the information I have learned I started researching the idea of monthly dividend stocks. I own various companies that pay dividends, but I have never considered monthly dividends before. After some research I have decided to give monthly dividends a try in my IRA. Hopefully the monthly dividend payments reinvested into the stock will jump start my IRA's growth through reinvestment. My plan is to choose two monthly dividend stocks/funds that I will make use of for long term investing. The obvious choice mentioned in every book, and various blogs and dividend writings on the web mention The Monthly Dividend Company or Realty Income Corp I am not a financial adviser and this is not investing advice for anyone. This is only what I am doing. I have made the personal choice to invest into this company and another closed ended fund that pays monthly dividends and has a good dividend payment history as well. I will reinvest every single monthly dividend payment back into the stocks of these companies as well as continue to buy into these companies $100 at a time until I have accumulate $1000 into each stock/fund. After I reach this value then I will decide to continue investing or come up with a new investment plan. The stock market and investing is new to me and I feel that with continued practice, research, and discipline to stick to plans will greatly benefit me in the long run and help me build wealth over the long term. On a side note every dividend I receive from any stock or fund I own is reinvested in the stock for free with Sharebuilder.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment