Friday, October 2, 2009

Where do I start on my quest.

The first goal of my quest was to figure out what I had. I made an incredibly simple budget in notepad. I Listed every bill I have, the date it was due, and the average amount of the bill. Then I put my weekly take home pay by date and created a sort of list that showed how much I made that week and what bills were due from that weeks pay check. I made sure to start putting all leftover money into savings every week. Controlling my income and expenses in bill payments was my first self taught lesson in controlling and learning my finances. Through this I actually saw numerous ways I could reduce my means of living like removing unused features on my cell phone plan reducing my bill. I also was able to prevent spending money on things I didn't need by living by this simple budget. I also included a budget for meals and play money for say happy hour or the likes. By breaking my expenses down by week for an entire money I was able to develop a decent sum of cash pretty quickly. It was a challenge but once I began living strictly to a budget I ended up with a lot more leftover money than I though possible, and I knew that with more discipline I could continue to increase this amount of leftover money and stash it away into savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment